Disassembling a 3D/CGI Scene (Short Version)
My 2016 Christmas card!
This is the (very) short version of how it was put together.
If you’re interested, this link leads to detailed version, with a few (lots of!) paragraphs explaining how it was done; the techniques, the software, the tips and tricks. Everything I did to create the scene. But if you’re pushed for time/patience, keep reading!
1) I put the initial models together in Lego Digital Designer (try it out here) to make sure they were going to work, as per a real-world build.
2) I then used the Lego Digital Designer file as a template, so I could recreate the bricks/models properly in my own 3D software.
3) I created a minifig Santa.
4) I modelled some reins using my 3D software’s hair and fur tools.
5) And last but not least, I rendered the scene and composited the models into a picture of my office desk
There are no comments yet, add one below.